By Councillor Wayne Rothe
This is the first of a series of seven articles that will run weekly on Fridays as you learn a little about your Spruce Grove city council members. First up is first-term councillor Michelle Gruhlke, a local business woman who operates Cartridge World where you can pick up a courier package and discuss politics with the proprietor. I had to admit to Michelle that I’ve never watched The Office.
- What’s your favourite thing about Spruce Grove?
My favourite thing about Spruce Grove is its people. We have a really great mix of diverse, young and old, big and small. It is very heart warming to see how accepting this community is.
- Name three people living or dead you’d like to have dinner with?
Oprah, Ricky Gervais, my Grandpa
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
Pottery, glamping, hanging out with friends and family
- What’s one thing from your bucket list?
To drink wine and eat cheese in the Mediterranean
- All-expenses paid trip to any North American city. Where do you go?
- You can attend one sports game or event. What’s your choice?
My husband would want me to answer the Super Bowl, and I have to admit, having been to an NFL game in Seattle, I think the Super Bowl would be a pretty cool experience.
- All-time favourite TV show?
8. What’s one movie you can watch over and over and over?
Any Indiana Jones!
- What superpower would you like to have?
I would love the ability to fly. I feel like getting places faster and being weightless would be super cool and helpful.
- What’s something that people won’t know about you?
I am a pretty open person, there isn’t a lot that people don’t know 🙂