Here is part 2 of my series, 10 things you didn’t know about Spruce Grove city council members. This one is first-term Councillor Erin Stevenson. I imagine you’ll have to look up that word in Q10.
If you missed it, here is last week’s article on Michelle Gruhlke. http://waynerothe.ca/2018/08/17/10-things-you-wanted-to-know-about-councillor-michelle-gruhlke/
- What’s your favourite thing about Spruce Grove?
The quiet. I work downtown Edmonton so my day is “noisy.” I appreciate that when I come home, I can hear myself think. I can enjoy my backyard and still enjoy my own space and privacy. There is noise but it’s often happy noise like kids playing at the spray park or people out walking dogs etc.
- Name three people living or dead you’d like to have dinner with?
Victor Hugo, Princess Diana, Barack Obama
(Sam Heughan from Outlander— how else am I to meet my future husband? Ha!!)
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
What spare time? Ha ha. I do try to keep a normal life so I really look forward to my monthly wine club meetings. I do try to read as much as I can as well.
- What’s one thing from your bucket list?
Still to do? Hot air balloon ride and fingers crossed I get to cross that off my list in September.
- All-expenses paid trip to any North American city. Where do you go?
New York. Just plunk me down on Broadway and I’ll see you in a few days!
- You can attend one sports game or event. What’s your choice?
I’m lucky that I’ve been to the last few Grey Cup games. I’d love to experience a European soccer game between powerhouses. It’d be a thrill to be in a stadium with die-hard fans in the tens of thousands and I have no skin in the game- just there to soak up the experience.
- All-time favourite TV show?
These days it’s Outlander.
- What’s one movie you can watch over and over and over?
I’m not a big movie person but I have nieces and nephews so I appreciate what the Harry Potter series offers to everyone.
- What superpower would you like to have?
To heal others.
- What’s something that people won’t know about you?
I am an autologous organ donor!