- What’s your favourite thing about Spruce Grove?
I love living in a small city with great amenities close to a big city. I enjoy the small-town feel but regret the loss of some of that.
- Name three people living or dead you’d like to have dinner with?
Winston Churchill, the most important figure of the 20th century, and my deceased parents to tell them what great adults their grandchildren have become.
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love documentaries and reading about history, geography and geology.
- What’s one thing from your bucket list?
I’ve swum a few feet from a shark in the Galapagos but I want to get closer on a scuba dive.
- All-expenses paid trip to any North American city. Where do you go?
New York: I’ve been there before and it’s an amazing city.
- You can attend one sports game or event. What’s your choice?
The Aussie football final. We have great Australian friends and I could combine it with a trip Down Under. Or the Eskimos winning the Grey Cup.
- All-time favourite TV show?
Star Trek: The Next Generation, or NCIS before (spoiler alert) we lost Abby.
- What’s one movie you can watch over and over and over?
The Longest Day – the story of the first part of the Normandy invasion of WWII.
- What superpower would you like to have?
Flying, although my fear of heights might be a problem, so teleportation.
- What’s something that people won’t know about you?
When I was fit I ran four marathons, including two of them under three hours.